Cover Letter and Experience
The education and working experience of an applicant is important in finding a suitable job. So, it should be effectively presented in your cover letter. Usually, it includes the academic degree held, major field of study, number of years of experience, short description of job-relavant experience, and some statement implying your success.
The purpose of mention of education and experience is to convey to the employer that you have the appropriate education,experience, training, and seasoning to support the position for which you are applying. Try to keep this summary brief, since it is intended to be only a short synopsis of relevant education and experience. Details are mentioned in the resume that accompanies the cover letter.
I hold an M. S. in Industrial Relations from the University of Texas and have major company experience in the field of Human Resources. As Human Resource Manager for the Hilbert Corporation, a $ 900 million (1,400 employees) electrical products manufacturing company. I provide full range of Human Resources services to the corporate staff. I also work in teams employee motivation team and employee counseling.
Position: Senior Research Scientist
As you required in your ad, I hold a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from the University of Mississippi and have over 8 years experience in agricultural chemicals. As a senior Scientist for Sun Agro Products, I am leading a team engaged in the development of new products.
You will note from the enclosed resume that I am an excellent match for the position. Please consider the following:
- M.B.A. in Marketing from Penn State University
- 8 years Brand management experience in consumer products
- 4 years marketing experiences]s for food products
- Successfully launched 3 new product lines
It would appear that my background are an excellent match for your needs;
- B. S. in Accounting from the University of Georgia
- 4 years cost accounting experience with Pure Foods ( a food marketing company)
- Well versed in standard accounting system
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and other spreadsheet software
Position: General Manager-Staffing
I hold an M.B.A. majoring in Human Resources and seven years experience in the staffing functioning.Yhis includes three years as Manager of Administration for Tough Steel, Inc., and two years as Senior Manager if Staffing with Soft Tech.
I have managed a company with 500 employees and have track record of recruiting highly productive staff at executive, managerial, and professional levels.
Position: Project Engineer
A degreed mechanical engineer with more that 10 years experience in Food Manufacturing projects, I have earned solid reputation for completing the project on time and under budget. Some of my accomplishments include:
- On-time, under-budget 50 establishing of a food plant
- Lead engineer on design and construction of 80 million bread manufacturing factory ($8 million savings and delivered 2 months ahead of schedule)
- Senior Project Engineer on 45 million drinking water project ($2 million saving-completed 2 months ahead of schedule)
Position: Brand Manager
My credentials include an M.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Arizona plus 12 years of successful brand experience in both Marketing and Marketing Research.
I have achieved outstanding success in new and as well as old brands. This includes:
- Increased Dish washing market share by 70% in just three years
- Double detergent product share in just one year
- Increased sale of shampoo products 30% in 15 months
Position: Chief Financial Officer
I held a Masters degree from the University of Michigan. As financial executive with over 12 years experience in electrical products manufacturing, I have achieved some significant successes in such areas as low cost capitalization, significant cash flow improvement, debt reduction, improved credit standing, and overall profit enhancement. Recently, I led a corporate wide cost reduction effort, that contributed 20% profit improvement in the last year.
Position: Procurement Manager
I am an M.B.A. from the University of Kentucky having majored in Finance. My experience in procurement encompasses over 16 years with a leading company, where I managed an annual raw materials budget of over $ 200 million. Specific accomplishments include:
- Negotiated 15% reduction in costs through long-term contract ($20 million annual savings)
- Initiated purchase of 4 small companies resulting in $10 million cost savings
- Introduced modern procurement concept that saved $15 million
Position: Senior Executive-Packaging
My background includes an M. S. in Packaging Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and over 12 years years experience in packaging design and development.
Examples of my achievement include:
- Introduced modern packaging system for Flora cosmetics that saved $5 Million.
- Developed commercial hand lotion dispenser (2 U.S. Patents)
- Partnered with major air freshener company to create a major universal package design reducing corporate wide packaging inventory 20% and saving 3.5 million annually.